Mentor2Youth Inc. currently operates a youth mentoring program. This program will cater to low and middle-income students grades 4th-12th. Mentees in this program may be from troubled backgrounds in need of structure and stability. The purpose of our mentoring program is helping develop student’s self-efficacy, social and study skills, life and career skills, as well as promoting academic achievement. The program will be a mixture of skill building, and academic and personal mentoring. The academic portion will be designed from curriculum based on the current grade level content expectations (GLCE) for the state of Michigan. The philosophy of Mentor2Youth Inc. is taken from the Social Learning Theory (SLT). We believe that in order to facilitate the process of academic achievement and minimize juvenile delinquency, it is necessary to provide our mentees with a stable, structured and positive learning environment focused on the growth and development of each child.
List of Key Objectives
1. Improve student behavior pertaining to disciplinary record
2. Create an environment that helps build social and study skills
3. Provide information to enhance students understanding of the importance of education.
4. Improve academic standing through tutorial workshops
5. Provide activities centered around fun and learning
Activities may involve:
· Academic Tutoring
· Interactive Activities
· Field Trips (tentative)
Interested in knowing how your child may fit in this program, contact us to find out more today!