The site coordinator oversees and facilitates all program activities at the designated location. This position ensures that all proposed outcomes and expectations for program activities are met through managing the evaluation and assessment process. You manage all respective communication amongst site staff, volunteers and clients. Assist with fundraising.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide and ensure continued training and development of site staff, volunteers and peer leaders involved with the program occurs
- Plan, delegate and oversee duties and responsibilities of all site-related staff and volunteers
- Be in attendance at community meetings or events relevant to population of program participants to advocate, promote and educate attendees on Mentor2Youth
- Utilize various marketing channels (i.e. social media, promo materials) to advertise for purpose of acquiring resources (financial, human, in-kind)
- Communicate with volunteers weekly to ensure they are updated on program activities
- Communicate with families (phone, email, newsletter) on a weekly, monthly or periodic basis
Program Coordination (60%)
- Assist with the design of program activities (workshops, events, fieldtrips) pertaining to lesson plans, events conducted and fieldtrips participated in
Program Oversight & Facilitation
- Provide onsite facilitation of all program activities (tutoring, educational mentoring, lifeskills workshops) and supplemental activities (service projects, fieldtrips, events)
- Manage and/or facilitate parent orientations and volunteer meetings
Assessment & Evaluation
- Track, monitor and evaluate student progress academically and behaviorally
- Assess and evaluate volunteer performance and development
Fundraising & Development (10%)
- Assist with managing fundraising initiatives for program-related events, fieldtrips and projects
- Assist with identifying resources through constituents connected to program geography
Bachelors degree required; graduate degree preferred
At least 2-3 years minimum experience working in an educational or social service environment required; leading, teaching or coordinating a youth program and/or classroom. Prior experience working with diverse populations preferred. Prior management experience preferred.
Candidate should be able to illustrate strength in the following areas: Written and verbal communication skills, critical reasoning and analytical skills, organization and time management
Candidates should be creative thinkers, passionate about youth, culturally responsive, show initiative and be adaptive to the work and program environment
Other information (i.e. personal background, characteristics, professional certification/endorsements) will be taken into consideration
In addition to normal working hours, this position requires you to work outside of normal work hours during evenings and sometimes weekends. Will travel to and from program location and various meetings within 25 mile radius of program main office
Mentor2Youth is an equal opportunity employer.
Type of Pay
This is a salaried position. Payrate varies based on experience.
Apply for the position
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com